RE: Hall sensor

Re: Andren Appelquest's "running hot": I concur with the diagnoses of retarded
timing.

On the subject of Hall sensors, a Q for Tom Cutter in particular, but others'
opinions will be welcomed...or at least tolerated ;)

80k miles on my '93 R11RS. Planning to ride from Michigan to Colorado next
summer. Should I:

a) replace the Hall sensor to prevent getting stuck in the middle of Kansas
or
b) buy a spare and carry it and my digital VOM with me (assumption: field
replacement is practical) or
c) whistle past the graveyard or
d) [insert your better idea here]

Regards,