RE: Keep the list?

> Hello Marco and list,
>
> From: "Marco S Hyman" <marc@xxxxxxxxx>
>
> >I wrote:
> >
> > > Is there still interest in keeping this list active?
> >
> > The answer appears to be: yes.   OK, I'll leave things as they are.
>
> A resounding YAY! from Steve :-D -- Long live the Oilheads list -- Small,
> civil, informative, and loved by all members.
>
> BTW, I noticed the absolute lack of negative responses, as well
> as negative
> sentiments (e.g., save the list, but X,Y, and Z sucks).

I have been on several lists that have had a similar discussion and they
have all come to the same conclusion. While a forum is a good repository for
static data, a mailing list is a more reactive and responsive means of
getting data on immediate issues, and also it's a lot easier to look at in a
work environment without anyone noticing! :-)
I like lists - I'm on about a dozen. European motorycycling lists have a
particular appeal as they all seem very civilised and friendly - doesn't
matter if it's BMW, Guzzi, Ducati, Triumph, or a more obscure marque, all
are equally welcoming. This one, while low volume, has the same positive
attributes.

IanE
1995 R1100RS
1999 R1100S