Re: Retorquing of heads.

John.Veilleux@xxxxxx writes:
 > A salesman at my local BMW dealer told me that oilheads need to have their
 > heads retorqued every 10000km (6000mi).  I said I never heard of that
 > before. The BMW maintenance schedule only indicates a retorquing at the
 > first 1000km(600mi) service.  Is this true?

Is it true that the BMW maintenance schedule only indicates a retorquing
at the first 1000km(600mi) service?  Yes.

Is it true that your salesman told you that oilheads need to have their
heads retorqued every 10000km (6000mi)?  I believe you.

Were it me I'd pay about as much attention to a sales critter spouting
off about maintenance issues as I'd pay to a mechanic talking about sales
terms :-)

// marc