Fuel Quick Disconnects (was Re: Fwd: oilheads-digest V4 #2 )

 > I am going to put some on and would like your opinions before I buy some. I
 > do not intend to remove the tank more than a few times each season but like
 > the convenience that quick disconnects offer.

The o-rings sometimes swell, making it hard to connect after disconnecting
until the rings dry out and the swelling subsides.  Keep some spare o-rings
aroud.  Put the spare o-rings on the QD and put the old o-rings asside.
Next time you can swap again, providing there are no nicks or abrasions
on the spare o-rings.

I've not had any problems with the OEM parts on my R1150 nor my R12GS
with it's angled QDs.  I've not tried any other type.   I've not had
to swap o-rings on the R12GS, but sometimes had to on the R1150RT.

Another thing that helps is to lubricate the o-rings if dry.  I spray
my fingertip with some silicone spray then rub the o-ring between thumb
and finger.  Don't know if that is a good thing or bad, long term. I've
not had any problems doing this.

// marc