Re: Clutch lever

Aren't we talking about a cable operated clutch here?

Bob Hadden '05R12GS(former), '62R27, '06 Breva

On May 13, 2007, at 5:51 AM, Kit Scally wrote:

Frank,

I tend to agree with Mick from Tucson - had exactly the same problem myself a few months ago at 95,000 kms on my R1100s. The plastic (?) slave cylinder housing the thrust bearing etc had given up the ghost and the plunger was
pushing "nothing" into the clutch plate.

Forgotten the exact cost, but IMO, recommend having a dealer do the job as bleeding the clutch (at least on an R1100s) is a real PITA and the labour
cost was only 3hrs or so.  (Wait till you see the cost of the part !!)

65k miles is about the same milage as when mine died - the bike shop
remarked that this was "good milage" for no clutch repair !!

Cheers,

Kit
R1100s
Sydney