Re: What to look for - R1100RS

Eric Stoelting wrote:

> I'm about to look at a '94 R1100RSL with the possibility of buying - any
> thoughts on what to look out for? Or maybe there's aready been a million
> posts on this subject - would you point me to them? Thanks.

Just the usual.  The 1994 gearbox turns out to be one of the better ones,
though some complained that at idle it made a rattling sound, which mine
did.  This does not adversely affect the trans, in fact it was better than
some of the later models that got rid of the tapping sound. They became more
difficult to shift and broke down.

So, if it's a '94 (I had on etoo) and I currently don't have it because some
idot rearended me and totalled the bike.

Doc Wong
www.docwong.com