Re: 2004 RT1150 Oil Consumption

Alan,

My R1100RT used oil when I got it a 18k. At about 20k or so, I got tired of putting oil in it. I just assumed that it was not yet broken in, so I flogged the doodoo out of it for about 2k miles. I mean intentionally beat the motor with throttle and revs nearly constantly, but I did not exceed redline or lug the motor, or overheat etc. This brought my oil consumption down to nil. I did the flogging on dino oil then somewhere around 25k switched to Redline Oil.

Hope this helps.

Duke

Need a brain boost? Recharge with a stimulating game. Play now! http://club.live.com/home.aspx?icid=club_hotmailtextlink1