Re: Electrical cut-out R1100RS tipped to left

>My son had a R11S and it had nearly a total melt down of the wiring going to the back half of the bike.?? The bike seemed to not have enough fuses ( it only has 4 fuses).??? The adjacent wiring in a wire bundle would over heat, melt the insulation off and then fuse to the wire next to it.? No direct short thankfully but as you would suspect brake lights would stay on since they were getting power from other circuits, turn signals didn't work or caused other lights to blink, it was a crazy mess solved ony by peeling most of that factory electrically tape wrapped wiring bundles and splicing in new ( and better) wire.????
>
>I never did find out the original source of the trouble since by the time I found it half of all the wires were fused together,
>
>I don't know if the RS suffers the same fate but check your wire bundles carefully you may be looking only at the tip of the iceburg...
>
>Paige

'Older' R1100S's have 2 fuse boxes, each with 4 fuses, on either side
of the fairing.

'Newer' R1100S's have a single fuse box on the left side of the
fairing with 8 fuses.  I have an '04 with this configuration.

I would suspect that wiring changes were made incorrectly.  I've never
heard of such problems with the factory harness.

Wayne Woodruff
http://www.2zars.com