Re: Oil filler cap

I'd rather use the OME O-rings. I installed both in '98 and they are working well ever since. Those O-rings have to be oil resistant. Ordinary rubber expends in oil.
Bob Silas

----- Original Message ----- From: Robert B. Hadden
To: oilheads-digest
Sent: Wednesday, June 25, 2008 7:18 PM
Subject: Re: Oil filler cap

John,  Many good hardware stores have an o-ring box in their hardware
section.  You may not get viton, but the standard 'rubbers'  work fine
for this.  The issue is usually just one of cleaning anyway.  Remove
both o-rings and clean everything up.  If the o-ring isn't torn or
damaged, it'll probably work fine.

If you can't find one in the local hardware, try any bearing supply
shop.  They are the normal place for this item.

Bob Hadden