Wiring

'97 GS
After years of resisting rider to passenger communications, I finally
gave in - but that is another topic!!
I purchased a Starcom-1 system and am
installing it on my GS.  The hot lead from the unit is fused, but they
recommend NOT connecting it directly to the battery.  I would like to connect
the hot lead so it is only hot when the ignition is on.  I thought this would
be easy, just find a hot lead to the tail light - not so easy.
Decided to ask
my experts.  That would be you guys.
dean
PS I enjoy this forum and have
profited by your advice and have enjoyed contributing.  Glad it is still
going.