Re: Alternator Belt

<<I believe the dealer had it tensioned WAY too tight.B  The belt had
flipped
over and the non-ribbed side was against the pulleys.B  >>

I wonder if the dealer installed belt backwards on purpose just to make
it fail?

B  <<Since we were in the back lot of a Chevron 100 miles from the
nearest
dealer, I tensioned the belt for a 90 degree twist mid-way between the
pulleys.
It's been fine for 3,000 miles now. :)B  >>

The twist method seems to work in an emergency, but it is pretty vague
and hard to describe such that a reader can understand and get it right.

Tom Cutter
Yardley, PA
http://www.RubberChickenRacingGarage.com
*"To get something you never had, you have to do something you never
did." *