From: owner-oilheads@xxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-oilheads@xxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Dancoe, John
Sent: Tuesday, September 16, 2008 6:58 AM
To: oilheads-digest
Subject: RE: Fuel distrubution line replacement-HELP!!!

Will

It's not as bad as it looks. I removed my distribution assembly when I
installed carbs, and I don't recall needing to remove or loosen the
subframe.
But my recollection is dim; it's possible that I did have to do that. Of
course I only needed to be able to remove the tube cluster (which
includes the
pressure regulator, which is in the middle of the cluster under the
airbox); I
didn't have to re-install anything, which is a task that might need more
working room.

Removing the subframe isn't a big deal if you need to, yes it basically
just
lifts back out of the way; but there are 4 bolts, not 2.

At any rate I know it wasn't the most troublesome aspect of my
conversion. I
don't think you need to take it anywhere, just be patient and thoughtful
and
keep in mind motorcyle mechanics rule #1: "If you're forcing it, you're
doing
it wrong."

Have you got manuals? I can check mine (Clymer, Haynes) when I get home
to see
what they say.

Regards,
John Dancoe
early '93 (but they called it a '94) R1100RS
jdan@xxxxxxxx<mailto:jdan@xxxxxxxx>