Re: Advice on upgrading to 1150 RT

On Sun, Sep 21, 2008 at 3:23 PM, Darryl
<darryl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>    i currently have a 1999 R1100Rt which i am toying with changing for an
> 1150RT.
>
> Is there any significant difference in the way these 2 perform and more
> importantly is the 6th gear on the 1150 more or less an overdrive on top of
> the 5th gear that i currently have.
>
> In many respects i still prefer the front end of the 1100RT so the 1150
> would have to be better to ride and a little more relaxed at highish
> cruising speeds to make me change.

To me, the single item that would keep me off of an 1150RT is having
the brakes linked such that there is no way to apply the rear brake
only; the front brake is applied even if all you do is tap the rear
brake pedal.  1150 guys, am I correct that all 1150RTs have the braked
linked in this manner? I have found myself on slippery surfaces too
many times to be happy with that arrangement.

Having once owned an R1100RS and now an R1200GS, I have to agree with
Tom B about saving your $ and getting a 1200. I think it a big step
forward.

Bob