The trail of pissing fuel saga update

Morning heads,

Last night I purchased the BMW fuel filter and 2 of the old style German crimp
clamps. Installed the filter and put a crimp clamp on the output end of the
filter. No leaks, so I took it for a ride and the bike ran well, albiet rich
and the oil temp never passed 2 bars on the Rider Information Display. Mileage
was down from the high 40's to the high 30's. Got up this morning, turned on
the bike to start it and low and behold the filter was now pissing fuel out of
the input side of the filter. Put the 2nd crimp clamp on the input side of
the  filter after removing the screw type f.i. clamp and no leaks for now. As
of this writing, it appears that in my application, the only clamps that can
stand up to the pressure are the old style crimp clamps, at least when using
the Goodyear 5/16 Nitrile f.i. hose. While this may not be typical, it is my
reality.

When I was in the tank, I changed out the old fuel vent lines for new ones and
changed the fuel strainer as well. I also installed Autolite 3923 plugs and
attempted to ballance the throttle bodies after cleaning the Big Brass Screws.
In order to ballance the TB's it was necessary to  turn the screw on the right
TB all the way in.

At this point, this has resulted in the bike running exceptionally cool (2
bars of oil temperature at highway speeds when it used to run 5 bars when
fully warmed up) as well as the idle raising from 950 to 1200-1225. I expect
i'll need to  have at the screws again and reballance things.

Any thoughts or ideas are welcome and would be appreciated.

Again, many thanks to  all  those folks who came to  my aid.

Regards,

Will