[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Wrap pipes?
- From: Thomas Marquardt <tmarquardt@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 17 Oct 2009 11:37:23 -0700
- Subject: Re: Wrap pipes?
I'm one for keeping it stock, but here's what I heard someone else say
about header wrap:
The heat wrap keeps:
- The exhaust pipe more evenly heated further down the pipe.
- Better scavenging to 'empty' the exhaust from the head.
- Reduces the radiant heat on your legs a tad.
- Looks really kewl.
And another guy added that it helps corrode your headers faster, which
seems plausible since the tape could collect moisture.
Thomas - Seattle
On Sat, Oct 17, 2009 at 7:43 AM, KDinJax <swodog@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Anyone try this? A good idea? Reasons not to? Bike has Techlusion 259 "chip"
> (actually a little black box). I have soot at rear of tail pipe (not bad,
> but unburned fuel). Mileage is high 30's, very occasionally 40ish if I'm not
> in traffic.
> 2000 R1100R, 23.2K miles
> View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/Wrap-pipes--tp25938835p25938835.html
> Sent from the BMW Oilheads mailing list archive at Nabble.com.