Re: It's A Gas <burp!>

On 04/15/2011 03:17 PM, microdoc wrote:
If you haven't already, I would try sniffing around the bike to get some
idea where the gasoline odor is strongest. That might give you a hint where
to look for a cracked or damp hose, seal or clamp.

I had indeed done so, and it seemed to be coming from just above the right-hand jug. That was what made me think of the QD fittings. No visible cracks in the hoses, nor dampness anywhere.

I think the issue must have been intimidated by the august wisdom of this body, as it now appears to have gone away. When I started it for a test ride there was no gas smell, nor when I stopped to bring the tires up to pressure, nor after the ride. I suspect this one will return some day.

- Martin

--
Martin Lodahl of Auburn, California
UNIX Pro, Musician, Motorcyclist