RE: BMW blue?

the big house brand paints are average at best.  go to a Sherwin Williams,
or a Kwal Howeells or whatever.  A professional paint place.
a.  the paint will be WAAYYYY better.  (coverage, flow, etc)
b.  the additional cost will be minimal.  the cost of painting isnt' the
paint, it's the labor
c.  Just bring in your badge and have them make the color, it will match
and each gallon will match the other gallons.
d.  I've found latex primers to be pretty much worthless.  The oil based
primers are a total pain, they get everywhere, heck to cleanup, etc, but
for actual priming?  they are amazing.

Ever notice how you never see professional painters at Lowe's, Home Depot,
local version of, but they all work at professional paint stores?
exactly.

Brian
who's spent way too much time painting and remodeling instead of riding.
r11rt garage queen.