Requesting first-hand experiences re permanent Autocom installation

Hello,

I have been happily running an Autocom Pro system for 3 years on a
"portable" basis (battery powered, pocketed unit). I have purchased all
the wires, connectors, and the power supply to permanently install the
unit. Does anyone have any first-hand experience that they can share in
this area.  I am concerned that I may inadvertently introduce noise into
the system if I do something silly. My plan is to install the Autocom in
a water-resistant box in the fairing of my R1100S along with the power
supply, and to run two cables (rider and pillion) over the fuel tank but
under the Tupperware (further from ignition sources) to have one helmet
plug exit just beneath the seat near the front end, and another nearer to
the center of the seat, around the side vent.

Does anyone have a better idea? Any experiences that could result in
"gotchas"? Thanks in advance.

- -Steve

 Oakville, Ontario, Canada
 2000 R1100S/ABS, Mandarin