Thanks for your replies re Autocom installation

Hello,

Thank you to everyone who replied, on-list and off, regarding Autocom
installations. From the information I have learned, I feel that there are
two critical steps that need to be performed:

 (1) Test the entire system before installing, using all the components
     (including power supply), tapped into a temporary power source on
     the bike. This will tell you if everything works, though not if
     everything works well.

 (2) Select a power source that is not ignition related, and don't run
     wires past ignition components or the bike's computer (ABS or
     Motronic) in order to avoid noise.

I plan to document the process with photos and text, post it on a web
site, and make it available to all when I'm done. Thanks again for
sharing your insights.

- -Steve

 Oakville, Ontario, Canada
 2000 R1100S/ABS, Mandarin