From: owner-oilheads@xxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-oilheads@xxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Steve Makohin
Sent: Saturday, December 13, 2003 4:46 PM
To: Oilheads list server
Subject: RE: Battery vs. Tender

On 12/13/03 1:11 PM, Martin Lodahl lodahl@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

>Stan said, on the subject of my battery woes:
>
>> I'm with the rest of the group consensus, MY next battery (for
>> the RT) will
>> be the Odessy (set and forget).
>
>That may well end up being the answer.  The warranty booklet says the
>battery is covered for 12 months.  The bike left the dealership 13 months
>ago ...

My 2000 R1100S is 3.5 years old. I started "Tendering" the factory
battery the first winter, and I have continued to do so each winter, and
if the bike is not in use for more than a week or so. Electrolyte is
checked annually. No sign of the battery giving up the ghost. My car's
battery ('97 BMW 328ic) is 6.5 years old, and running on the original
battery. Am I just lucky?

- -Steve

 Oakville, Ontario, Canada
 2000 R1100S/ABS, Mandarin