Re: Bike lift

I've got the exact same lift.  Bought it to do tire changes on my son's KLR
250.  It works fine for that, but the KLR has frame tubes running under the
engine.  I don't think it would work so well on the BMW.  You need sort of a
flat surface on the bottom of the bike for the lift and the oilhead is
irregular underneath.  Also, much heaver.  I just use the centerstand on my
RS for tire and oil changes.  You'll probably be better off exchanging for
tools.

Charlie Hassell
Goodlettsville, TN

> Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2003 00:32:16 -0500
> From: Falvio <John@xxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: Bike lift
>
> Got a Craftsman motorcycle/atv lift for Christmas.  Anyone have any
> experience with it good or bad?  Can it be used on an '04 RT without
> taking off more than just the under fairing?  I would probably use it
> for tire and oil changes. (Yes I know the bike comes with a work stand
> ;^)  I am trying to see if I would be better off exchanging it for
> tools.[1]
>
> Here it is:

http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/product.do?BV_SessionID=@@@@1682345615.107250
2883@@@@&BV_EngineID=cchkadckfehegddcehgcemgdffmdflh.0&vertical=TOOL&pid=009
50190000&vertical=TOOL&com.broadvision.session.new=Yes