Re: XM radio, partly R1150RT mods

- --On Tuesday, December 30, 2003 16:09 -0500 "john h. outlan"
<joutlan@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I'm looking at wiring up a Roady XM receiver and would like to know if
> anyone is using direct earphone output, and if so, how is the volume?
> will a Y connector to a second helmet work?  I'm trying to put off a
> Starcom or Autocom unit at the moment.  I don't have the factory radio
> installed.

Not sure how the Roady does volume control; on the SkyFi it's buried down a
couple of levels in the menu. If that's not a problem, you might look into
a Boostaroo <http://www.boostaroo.com/> to drive a couple / three
headphones. I know a couple of people using it with the Sony XM receiver; I
used one in conjunction with another amp (that had a volume control) on my
trip this summer, and it worked fine. The two AA cells lasted for the whole
two-week trip.

Fulton Martin
fulton@xxxxxxxxx
__=o&o>__