Blasphemer! (was RE: 2002 R1150RT Recommended Mods II)

<<< Pulling the CAT and the CCP will eliminate surge, but it will also hurt
your MPG a bit. It is a worthwhile improvement on an 1100, especially one
that surges badly. >>>

	Don't forget the CO potentiometer that is a BMW part. This part restores
most of the lost MPG. Not as versatile as the Techlusion as there is one
setting. My bike surged terrible. 0=0 did nothing. Autolite plugs did
nothing. Pulling the CCP got me 33 MPG. I now get from 40-46 MPG with the CO
potentiometer installed.

<<< By the way, if you have a bike that surges BADLY, all the 0=0 and
throttle synchs will not eliminate it.  It will make it tolerable, but it
will always be there unless you pull the CCP or use a Techlusion thing. >>>

	Thank goodness for this list. On the *other* list, you'd be called a
blasphemer and burned at the stake. Certain people and their "solutions"
can't be brought into question on the *other* list.

<<< Bob Lentini blew a hole in a piston after 87K miles.  He advocated
mid-grade gas, larger valve lash clearances, Autolite spark plugs (which are
a bit longer than stock) and advanced timing.   I don't know if he used GS
tubes on his RS, but something he was doing or some combination of what he
was doing caused a severe problem over time. >>>

  What a thread this would make on the *other* list! Bring oil and wood!

<<< I'm also sticking to the idea that these new servo powered brakes with
the linked system are extremely difficult to bleed and service. <snip> These
brakes are NOT normal in any way. For instance, the level of the front brake
fluid doesn't go down when you wear down the front pads. How come?>>>

	I've been told the fluid in the front reservoir doesn't physically touch
the fluid that goes to the caliper. A diaphragm in-between works the power
brakes.