old technology

I do love my R1150RT, but must admit that sometimes older technology
is better.   About 7:00 AM this morning I hit the starter button and
got two grunts and the dreaded clicking sound instead of a purring
engine.   This battery needs to be replaced.   It works fine until the
temperature gets below about 40 F.  This morning temps were in the low
30s.

Not wanting to miss the ride I wheeled my 38 year old R69S out of
the garage and kicked it over.   There's something to be to be said
for magneto ignition.   On the other hand I sure missed the windshield
and the heated grips that I would have had riding the oilhead.

I wonder... can you bump start an Oilhead?   I live on a hill so that
is an option.   I just didn't want to get to the bottom of the hill
with a bike that still wouldn't start.

// marc