Re: old design

Greg wrote:

>  > You are right about HD, however, BMW aint HD! BMW Does not have the
>  > B.A, Biker image advertising for them.
>

>REALLY?????????????
>
>do you folks look at the bmw bike ads?  where did the 'cruiser' come from?
>i think corporate bmw would love to be HD but they don't get it.

Nah, that isn't it at all.  BMW corporate *might* like HD's sales
figures or blind buyers, but they're wedded to at least the image of
technology, not the image of image.  Their ads are way too tongue in
cheek to even be compared to the Harley marketing approach.  Did you
miss the Happy Birthday HD ad?

The cruiser came from wishful thinking and (apologies to R12C owners)
poor styling.  If anything, I might venture a guess that BMW hoped to
reach the "thinking" cruiser buyer, or the cruiser buyer who wanted
to "out snob" the HD snobs by buying BMW.

- --
____________________________________
Don MacQueen, Shelby NC
Suppose we can get a national recall?