Re: New Design?

> As someone who's owned an ST4, I can tell you that I just wasn't
impressed.

the difference between the 916 engine and the 996 engine is, lets say, eye
poppin.  this level of performance is not obtainable from a bmw r1100rt no
matter how you set it up.  thats 115hp vs 90, and about 100# less in heft.
not to mention fully adjustable suspension out of the box.  chain drive is
not a problem.  these are not the chains of old, they are sealed and require
some minimal cleaning and applicaiton of a chain wax from time to time.
this red herring makes me chuckle each and every time it comes up.  how many
of you do your rear spline lubing?  how many shafties failed during the last
IB?  come on, all machines have their ups and downs just be happy with what
you have.

gt
or