RE: oilheads-digest V1 #49

> I know the word "pushrod" conjures up at least a 10" long thin, hollow
> weak
> looking component of yesteryear...

> Yes they are shorter, but, they are still pushrods with all their
> limitations. They are just not needed. The only feature they offer is
>  "ease of adjusment". Overhead cam is simply superior.

Not needed? Why not? We're all familiar that the pushrod motor is an old
design, but old doesn't always mean inferior or useless.. A pushrod
generally allows a more compact engine. Compact (small, lightweight) is
always a good thing in a motorcycle, no? Think of the new Corvette
engine.. Still a pushrod engine, but a damned nice one at that.

Sorry if this god beat to death by now, but I'm still catching up from
vacation..

Mike