Re: oilheads-digest V1 #49

On Tuesday, Jan 13, 2004, at 08:12 US/Eastern, Mike Eyre wrote:

> Not needed? Why not? We're all familiar that the pushrod motor is an
> old
> design, but old doesn't always mean inferior or useless..

Yes it has its uses. In a car or truck.

> A pushrod
> generally allows a more compact engine. Compact (small, lightweight) is
> always a good thing in a motorcycle, no? Think of the new Corvette
> engine.. Still a pushrod engine, but a damned nice one at that.

Well lets not confuse a massive V8 with a motorcycle powerplant.

If the pushrod motor offers such a weight advantage, why is the sport
bike world not using them? Answer:  I don't think a pushrod engine will
rev to 14,000 RPMs.

Also compact does not necessarily mean less weight.

Robert

95 R11RS
88 KRS Special