Re: oilheads-digest V1 #49

Stan,  I heartily agree with all you wrote especially the following:

> I simply love the RT. I just can't say enough good about it, so far.
> It has carried me all over the country for 36,000 miles and has yet to
give
> me any problems, or even leak the first drop of oil. What else can I
say...I
> am like a pig in s**t. I also have a Goldwing and I actually would rather
> travel on the RT than the Wing...simply because it is more fun to ride. I
> don't know...maybe I am just ignorant about the way bikes should REALLY
> be...maybe I don't know what I am missing. I sure am fat dumb and happy
with
> the RT though.

I thought about it again last evening after a short visit to a friend about
30km away.  While I was there a cold front had blown in and the weather had
changed from HOT and sultry to windy cool and wet.   No problem for the RT
or me in cotton trousers and a windbreaker even though we passed through a
heavy thunderstorm half way back the very last thing on my mind was stopping
to put on my full rain suit kept under rear seat.  At a good speed I got
back nice and dry - and, a good rain storm seems to clean the fairing
nicely.   A really special bike IMO.

I like the R as well and, for it's more utilitarian role it plays in my life
it is perfect.

Regards
Clive Liddell
Pietermaritzburg, South Africa.