Re: Recent list discussions

- ----- Original Message -----
From: "Greg"

|  the assisted
| braking system is a case in point of engineering gone amuck.
transmissions
| that don't work, wheels that bend when you look at them and surging that
| does not exist are three small examples of their more recent engineering
| failures.  combine that with a host of bits and parts that continue to
fall
| off or break and you have to wonder what has happened to a company who was
| thought of by all as a sound engineering company who produced a stellar
| robust product.
|
| oh well, my dollars are invested elsewhere and i don't see that changing
| given what bmw is producing.  ride what'yah got and be happy.

I am afraid that I don't understand this post.  Do you even own a BMW?  If
not, and you don't sound like you are looking to buy one, why are you on
this list?  I own several BMWs, airheads and oilheads and LOVE everyone of
them for what they are.  The perfect machine has not been built and never
will be.  BMW is recognized by the industry as a leader in new technology
and safety innovation.  Some things work well and some things don't.  You
complain that BMW doesn't take risks and yet you complain about their
"engineering gone amuck".  It sounds to me like you don't know what you
want.

This is not directed to you personally but to the conversations that have
taken place quite a bit lately on this list.  I am bored to tears with all
the nit picking and complaining!  Some people on this list sound like an old
woman going through menopause.  Let's change the subject, OK?  Does anyone
else agree with this or will we continue the BMW bashing?  I am all for open
discussion but some sound like BMW had an affair with their wife!

Sincerely,
Tim Bard