Re: Recent list discussions

- ----- Original Message -----
From: <rennsport@xxxxxxxxx>

| On Friday, Jan 16, 2004, at 17:34 US/Eastern, beemerphile1 wrote:
| >
| > This is not directed to you personally but to the conversations that
| > have
| > taken place quite a bit lately on this list.  I am bored to tears with
| > all
| > the nit picking and complaining!  Some people on this list sound like
| > an old
| > woman going through menopause.
|
| So we are to be like the Stepford wives and just praise BMW all the day
| along?
| Robert

Robert, as I said but you clipped, I am open to and in fact enjoy good
stimulating conversation. However some people are not satisfied to simply
make their point, they insist on continuing to flog it when they don't even
have data to back it up.  If one has an opinion then it should be stated as
that.  If another disagrees that does not mean the second person is wrong,
because an opinion is not fact.

Some people like the features on BMWs and some don't, probably why BMW is
only a niche player.  I like enough features on my GS to not be at all
interested in replacing it.  Is it perfect?  Absolutely not.  I would be
happy to discuss what I wish was different.  But then again you might
disagree, that's fine with me.  It doesn't make either of us right or wrong.
But my point is that in time I will probably not convince you and you will
not convince me.  It simply bores me to hear listers constant complain,
frankly, I can list many more good points than bad about my bike.  My GS is
by far the very best bike I have ever owned.

Tim Bard
2001 Jincheng
2000 R1200CM
1996 R1100GS