Re: rims

- ----- Original Message -----
From: "Don MacQueen" <dmac@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: rims

> I know this is rude, J.H.N., but do you believe that "extra heft"
> improves stability too???

It depends on where the extra heft is, Don. To a Sumo wrestler, his well
placed "extra heft" (compared to an average person) certainly does improve
his stability. There also seems to be some sort of correlation between the
"extra heft" found in nearly every bike included in the category "the
world's greatest touring and large sport touring bikes", and their "improved
stability" (as compared to an average motorcycle).   Based on some of your
comments the last few days, I believe the extra heft between one's ears
doesn't seem to serve much of a purpose.

Hope that helps, Don.

Jim
microdoc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
'99 R1100RT '99 F650 '98 R1200C '88 R100GS '78 R80/7
BMW MOA, RA, ABC, NFO #3