Re: BMW return to roots?

- ----- Original Message -----
From: <ColoradoGSRider@xxxxxxx>
To: <oilheads@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, January 23, 2004 3:02 PM
Subject: Re: BMW return to roots?

> In a message dated 1/23/04 12:23:47 PM Mountain Standard Time,
> bvaleri@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
> >It seems they may be returning to roots with the new GS
> Good pics & stories on your website, Bruno.
>
> Does your statement above imply that you feel BMW had gotten
away from their
> roots with the latest generation 1150GS?

To my mind, they moved away from their roots - as expressed in
ads of that period. That philosophy is what appealed to me in BMW
bikes. The stated focus was on lightness and on form follows
function.

It seems that they strayed from this in later years. Not putting
a value judgement on it. Just (from a nostalgia point of view)
expressing that this appealed to me.
Maybe they decided they needed to appeal to the market
differently. I don't know. They rarely invite me for strategy
planning meetings.   :))

Nor do I expect them to build a bike according to my tastes.
But I must admit I like the direction the new GS is taking!

Bruno
Montreal, Canada
CBR 929
http://pages.infinit.net/mcrides