Clutches and frayed cables

I had a frayed cable experience with my '97 RT.  It had about 45,000 miles at the time and the left TB stuck open at about 4500.....thrilling for a bit.  The '97 was similar to the '02 in that it had one cable to a 'splitter' under the fuel tank and separate cables coming out to each TB.

And I had a clutch slave cyclinder fail on my '02 RT at about 26,000 miles.  It didn't squeal or rattle, just would not release without being pumped up.  Even pumped, it only gave about 1/4" until it engaged.  It was an internal seal failure and there was no external sign of a problem.  In fact, the shop replaced the master cyclinder first (much easier!) but that did not fix the problem.

Russ Locke
San Antonio, TX
(but a Coloradian forever....)
'02 R1150RT, '98 KLR650, '04 FJR1300, '64 TR4
PITS, MOA, Oilheads, VTR, etc.
MSF Rider Coach
end