Re: Valve Adjustments

>I live about two hours from the nearest dealer, and when it's time for
>service I have to drop it off the day before so that the engine will
>be stone cold the next day for valve adjustment.

I believe you could drop it off in the morning and after a few hours,
it would be cool enough.  I don't think "stone cold" is necessary.

>My question to the group is How much more difficult are the valves on
>the oilhead to adjust than the valves on the airhead?

It's not a whole lot different.  There is document online (I can
forward if you want) that describes a technique where you adjust both
exhaust and both intakes on a side at the same time (oilhead valve
adjustment for dummies, I believe).

I used to adjust each exhaust/intake individually, but after reading
the document, I believe it makes sense to have 2 sets of feeler gauges
and do both at the same time.  YMMV.

As someone else wrote ... go for it.