Re: Battery

- ----- Original Message -----
From: "Tom Brown"

 Deltron, the company that makes Battery Tender, makes
| the BMW gel charger.   You can buy the Battery Tender version for the same
| price as a normal Battery Tender.   I found them at www.batterymart.com
for
| $43.95.   It looks just like a Battery Tender Plus, but has a sticker
| attached to it that says "For Gel Batteries".   They work just fine.

Tom and all,

I just spoke to a Deltran sales rep at the Motorcycle show in Cleveland,
Ohio on Saturday.  He stated that the Battery Tender "Plus" is perfect for
the AGM batteries like the Hawker Odyssey.  The problem with some chargers
is they don't quite fully charge the battery because of lower maximum
voltage output.  The lack of full charge shortens the life of the battery.
BTW the odyssey can be had pretty reasonable on eBay from a place in
Jacksonville, Florida.

Tim Bard