  From: Steve Makohin
  To: Oilheads list server ; john h. outlan
  Sent: Thursday, February 05, 2004 11:31 PM
  Subject: Re: Have to sign off maybe...

  Hello,

  On 2/5/04 10:29 PM, john h. outlan joutlan@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

  >I'm changing my filters at my ISP to delete any email that does not have
my
  >name in the To:  or  CC: line.  I'm sick of receiving virus emails,
although
  >my scanner is deleting the attachments.  Doing this will zap any mail
lists
  >that I'm on, this being the only one :)  So, if I can't find an exception
  >rule to keep this particular mail coming (haven't yet, checking with ISP),
  >then see ya on the web :)

  I'd hate to throw the baby out with the bathwater. Norton Antivirus does
  the trick for defending from incoming viruses. I have a mail handler that
  puts all the stuff from this list in a single folder for me. And Norton
  AntiSpam does the trick for filtering out the crap from the nasties.

  If you adopt your proposed strategy, you'll also never know when people
  BCC you on non-list email.

  -Steve

   Oakville, Ontario, Canada
   2000 R1100S/ABS, Mandarin