Re: GS negatives?

Bob,  You should check out the articles from people who have converted
a GS for road only use.  Changing tires and the like.  I think the new
GS will be more suitable for road use with the option for cast wheels
and all.

I'm not sure this is the bike to jump on right away.  The new bus style
electrical system, for one, may need some time to prove itself.
Certainly not user friendly on the side of the road if you have an
electrical problem.  I'm going to wait a bit and see what the next
models look like.  These should include roadster, RS and the like
versions with the new motor and other goodies.

Bob Hadden '98RS (thinking about 2005 or 6 R1200RS)