Re: Spline Lube

In a message dated 2/16/04 1:53:00 PM Eastern Standard Time,
kbhadden@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
<<I know this is a controversial subject, but have decided that I would
rather go through the major hassle of doing a spline lube than not.  If
it turns out I didn't need it, then I wasted some time.  If it turns
out I did need it, then I will have saved some expensive repairs.  Does
anyone have any pointers about completing this work?  I have the pdf
instructions from the IBMWR site, which look reasonably complete.  Any
advise would be appreciated.

Specs.  My 98RS is approaching 40000 miles.  Shifting is not quite as
easy as when new, but otherwise no problems.>>

    Get a copy of the factory service manual on CD, pringt out the three
pages that outline the transmission r+r, and go for it. the factory instructions
are pretty accurate.

Tom Cutter

Thanks for any comments.