Re: [Fwd: RT Linked Brakes]

On Feb 17, 2004, at 17:04, Bob Hadden wrote:

> My general opinion about German vehicles (both bikes and cars) is that
> they have funny ways of doing things sometimes.  But if you think
> through their logic, their funny ways are usually very well thought
> out, and work well.  This linked brake thing is one example.  The four
> way flashers are another.  Another was the delay wiper controls on my
> '95 5 series.  They worked really well, but most people couldn't
> figure them out.
>
> This type of thinking is what makes owning a Beemer fun.

since you brought up BMW cars, suppose you tell me what is so well
thoughtt out about the windows based iDrive system in their cars.
Somewhere the "Law of Diminishing Returns" kicks in and all you end up
with is more complexity without any real benefit.

Kinda reminds me of the German tiger tank that waas so over-engineered
that it was not field serviceable. It was not uncommon for allied
forces to come upon a Tiger tank with no battle dame and a full tank of
gas abandoned due to mechanical failure.

Robert

95 R11RS
88 KRS Special