Re: oilheads-digest V1 #111

I'd love to run a test on tires with guys that claim they can tell the
difference between them.  In such a test I'd almost bet the farm that
most(in fact hugely most 90% plus) COULD NOT identify correctly which tire
brand they had on.  This would cost money to do such a test but boy would it
be fun!  Maybe MCN will do it one of these days.  Even Bill Stermer(sp?) who
regularly reviews tires on BMW's says it is difficult if not impossible to
differentiate between any of the modern premium tires unless you are a track
racer capable and willing to push them to the limit on the street.  Think
hard now do you really think you could say ok it's the Avon Azaros, the
Continentals, the Dunlop, the Metzelers, the Pirelli's, the Michelin Pilot
Roads or Sports, the "xx".  Well you get the point.  What you CAN tell big
time is the difference between the old worn tires and the fresh new rubber.
Big difference there no doubt!
- -Ed-