Re: Spline Lube

> Maybe if it was necessary to split our cars in half every
 > couple of years to lube the drive shaft  we'd think doing
 > that to our motorcycles was an acceptable maintenance
 > requirement.

Great comment...

Also has me wondering... since the engine/transmission power transfer
mechanism (splined shaft) is essentially the same in either a manual
transmission car or a BMW motorcycle, why isn't is necessary to perform
this type of maintenance in a car and why is it necessary for the bikes?

- - Seth