BMW: Oilhead Being A Oilhead

What last summer was just an annoying glistening on the toe of my
left boot is now a large enough leak that it is leaving tracks on the
car-port floor as well as covering the bottom of the cat.  As best as
I can trace out it is the junction of the cylinder and the block.

My question is: Are there any bobby-traps I need to be aware of or is
the replacement of the gasket as straight forward as my Clymers shows
it to be.

And "Yes" I checked the FAQ's but was unable to locate anything
pertaining to this.

BTW I am copying Brian Curry as the list master seems to think I have
been invaded by the dreaded "8-bit" monster.  Consequently this may
come to you through Brian.  TIA

=====
Jim"low rider"King - Hickory, NC
'86 K75 - "Tweety Bird"  (named by my lovely grand-daughter, thank you!)
'96 R1100GS  - Sam Too
We do not stop playing because we are old; we grow old BECAUSE we stop playing.        Never be the first to grow old!
LPR#58  OBIWAN #37