RS Sputter/weep

Hi all,

My '95 RS has recently developed two most unsettling habits:
at almost/completely warmed (4-5 bar) if you shut down the
throttle as if /or coming to a stop, it will more than
occasionally do this sputter where the bike will drop to a
few hundred revs very suddenly, enough so that the alternator
belt chirps, and come back up just as quickly. It is a rather,
shall we say, forceful sputter/ stutter.

The bike has never done this before, and the only variable has been a
service (42K) done at the most reputable dealer in the SF bay area.
I'm NOT faulting them, but I know they're gonna want a minimum $85
investigation investment, and I don't want to go there...yet

Also, the bike has twice puked from the rear drive vent; the first time
it had been outside in cold December weather while I was out of my house
for a remodel, drove it 30 miles, parked it in a garage and it puked out
the vent. Maybe, 25 cc's? Guessing, as it was on the tire and wheel.
Maybe 6 tablespoons. Next time, I'd ridden it about 60 miles, parked
it in the garage, and next day rolled it out to the driveway. By late
afternoon, it had puked up three times the previous amount?

I was wondering if sitting outside (undercover) for that time in
December (RAINNY!!)
if perhaps something got into the rear drive vent. The plastic cover
seemed fine.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Rob