RE: RS Sputter/weep

> Hi all,
>
> Also, the bike has twice puked from the rear drive vent; the
> first time it had been outside in cold December weather while
> I was out of my house for a remodel, drove it 30 miles,
> parked it in a garage and it puked out the vent. Maybe, 25
> cc's? Guessing, as it was on the tire and wheel. Maybe 6
> tablespoons. Next time, I'd ridden it about 60 miles, parked
> it in the garage, and next day rolled it out to the driveway.
> By late afternoon, it had puked up three times the previous amount?

Don't know about the sputter problem.  As for the final drive, if it is
overfilled it will puke out the vent.  Can't really see how a significant amount
of water got in, but pull the fill plug out and check the level and see if the
oil has the milky look that would indicate water.  It will also puke oil out the
vent if it gets overheated which can happen if the bearing is failing.  Try to
cock the rear wheel and see if you can feel any play in the bearing.

Davis Eichelberger
SW Virginia
'96 R1100RT