damn brakes

Sometimes I hate the power assisted brakes on my R 1150 RT.   Not
often, but sometimes...

In a shopping center parking lot I noticed someone's reverse lights
come on and brake fast just in case.  How fast?   Too fast.  The bike
wasn't 100% straight having just turned into the lane and when it
stopped I was leaning to the left.   I tried to hold it for about a
a half a second then decided that a ruptured something wasn't worth
it and let the bike fall somewhat gently on it's left side.

No, I'm not relacing the valve cover this time.  No other scratches
to speak of.

Turns out I didn't need to stop that fast... the car did see me and
even waited until I righted the bike before backing up.   At least I
got a good parking space :-)

If it wasn't for the power assist brakes I'd not have dropped it.
As much as I'm used to them, I still can't get fast *and* easy brake
application at low speeds.  I can get fast, I can get easy, but not
both.

Any suggestions?

// marc