Re: Metzeler tire question

On May 19, 2004, at 6:09 AM, Wayne Woodruff wrote:
 >SNIP
> I am going to replace my SECOND Z4 next week.  The odometer has just
> shy of 12K.  Hopefully, the Z6 will do better.
>
> See:
>
> http://home.jtan.com/~wayne/r1100r.html
>

> Look for the photo at March 2002.  I'm pretty much at the same spot
> with the current tire.
> >SNIP

What a curious tire wear pattern! I take it that your current tire has
worn in the same pattern?

I grew up in Berwyn, PA, [located in the southeast corner near Philly]
when it was still country and the roads were lightly traveled which
meant the road surface wasn't polished down and they were highly
crowned. Are yours similar?

After reading your log I am struck by the similarity of our problem
histories. I have the same surging problem [it developed after the 12K
service by an out of state BMW dealer while on a trip] and the stalling
problem although the latter is just starting to develop. Likewise, I
have decided to do some of the maintenance myself in an attempt to cure
the surging, e.g., check the valves and plugs and perhaps throw a
manometer on the throttlebodies.

cheers.... jack, '04 R1100SA, Waterford, Connecticut, U.S.A.