Metzler Tire Question

Wayne:

The wear on your front tire is typical, but a bit premature.   A lot of
front wheel braking will make the problem worse.  The road crown theory is
probably accurate.   This tire can go a lot more miles like this.  It just
depends on how the bike is handling for you.   If it's OK.  It's OK.

Experience tells me to change tires when the bike is no fun to ride anymore
(Rear MeZ4 squared off is really the only time this has happened for me.)
or when tire has less tread than will last for an upcoming long trip.   New
tires generally resist puncture better than old thin ones.  Any tire resists
puncture better than a rear MeZ4...at least for me.  I replace 2 newish ones
for punctures.   I know others with worse "luck" than mine.

The Z6 is a much better tire.  I was pretty sour on Metzler until it came
out.

- -TB