Air cleaner

Can anyone tell me if the air cleaner on the R1100R is able to be cleaned?

Also, after installing a new battery and manipulating the gas tank, I have
been noticing a slight gas smell when I shut the bike down after running it
hard.  I have not been able to identify a gas leak and don't know if this is
the tank venting or what.  When I pivoted the tank forward on the rubber
mounts I suppose one of the hoses could have become loose.  I don't recall
noticing a faint gasoline smell before, after shutting down, and I guess
I'll have to do some more checking around under the tank to see if anything
came loose.  It may be that I will be able to locate a leak where the line
comes out of the tank.  I don't see any evidence of a leak during my visual
inspections with the tank in place.  Any ideas as to what may be happening
here would also be appreciated.

Matt Bolduc
Winfield, Pa.
'00 Roadster, "The Shade"