Re: Air cleaner

>Can anyone tell me if the air cleaner on the R1100R is able to be cleaned?

My opinion  is that you can blow it out with compressed air at low
pressure.

>Also, after installing a new battery and manipulating the gas tank, I have
>been noticing a slight gas smell when I shut the bike down after running it
>hard.  I have not been able to identify a gas leak and don't know if this is
>the tank venting or what.  When I pivoted the tank forward on the rubber
>mounts I suppose one of the hoses could have become loose.  I don't recall
>noticing a faint gasoline smell before, after shutting down, and I guess
>I'll have to do some more checking around under the tank to see if anything
>came loose.  It may be that I will be able to locate a leak where the line
>comes out of the tank.  I don't see any evidence of a leak during my visual
>inspections with the tank in place.  Any ideas as to what may be happening
>here would also be appreciated.

My guess would be the vent hose came loose.  I removed my canister
some time ago and I occasionally notice a gas smell.  You might want
to check the hoses at the canister.

Wayne Woodruff
http://www.jtan.com/~wayne
Chalfont, PA